The West Coast Sports Medicine Foundation is a non-profit, 501(C) 3 charitable organization.
Tax ID # 95-4497009.
LOS ANGELES - SPORTS MEDICINE FOUNDATION
The WCSMF is a research and education foundation that was founded in 1994 in Los Angeles, California to provide At Risk high school students with the opportunity to participate in interscholastic sports, reduce, mitigate and provide treatment for athletic, musculoskeletal, spinal and brain related injuries.
Through proper injury recognition and evaluation, the WCSMF promotes proactive sports medicine & athletic training to promote the health & safety of our high school student athletes.
The program operates at no cost to schools and student athletes that participate in theTeam to Win program.
Participation in interscholastic sports promotes teamwork and a healthy lifestyle while encouraging cooperation and understanding.
Engagement in extracurricular activities fosters and builds relationships, enhances equal opportunities, develops team building skills, allows understanding of diversity, and teaches valuable life lessons. Through organized athletic participation, student athletes learn to set goals and meet challenges.
The WCSMF inspires high school student athletes to graduate, pursue higher education and become the future leaders of the community.
The WCSMF is multifaceted and includes many programs:
- Team to Win high school Outreach program
- Free Sports medicine injury clinic
- Free Concussion / Brain injury clinic
- Onsite certified athletic trainers
- Sports medicine coverage for major sporting events
- Fellowship Physician Program (Orthopedic and Sports Medicine)
- Free Mentoring education sports medicine program for high school students
- Peer reviewed research and education publications
- College scholarship program
- Injury Tracking and Surveillance Study
- Sports Medicine internship program